We have salad almost every day for lunch, so it’s nice every now and then to try a different dressing to go on top. This is a lovely, garlicky, lemony Caesar salad dressing without the dairy and eggs you might find in a traditional version. Happy munching!
This is part of our 1,000 Food Experiments to create sustainable meals for our family and hopefully yours.
Ingredients ($2 to dress 4 individual salads)
1 tsp garlic powder – $0.28
1/4 cup tahini – $1.15
2 tbsp olive oil – $0.20
1 lemon, juiced – $0.20
2 tbsp honey – $0.28
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small bowl, mix together all the dressing ingredients until smooth. Pour over your favorite salad and enjoy!
Sustainability Score (explained here)
- Time to make: 3 = <1 hour
- Servings: 2 = 4-6 servings
- Cost per serving: 3 = <$5
- Deliciousness: 2 = decent meal
- Environmental impact: 3 = minimal damage
- Nutritional value: 2 = healthy=ish
- TOTAL: 15/18
If any of you lovely readers tried it, or have other recipes you’d like us to experiment with, please let me know. Wishing you and your family a healthy, happy day!