When fresh blueberries and strawberries are in season, this is a fresh and healthy way to start your day. We used store-bought granola because I can’t seem to make it without burning it. Pair the granola with your favorite (non-dairy) yogurt and summer berries, or any other fruit you enjoy. It’s a complete breakfast ready in 5 minutes!
This is part of our 1,000 Food Experiments to create sustainable meals for our family and hopefully yours.
Ingredients ($1.50 per serving)
1/4 cup granola – $0.20
1/4 cup yogurt – $0.31
1/4 cup fresh blueberries or strawberries – $1.00
1. Gather your ingredients. Wash all the berries and slice the strawberries.
2. Grab a cute little bowl, add your yogurt, put some berries on top, and sprinkle granola over top of that. Or arrange the layers in any order that is pleasing to you. 🙂 Savor the yummy gift of a fresh, healthy breakfast!
Sustainability Score (explained here)
- Time to make: 3 = <1 hour
- Servings: 1 = 1-3 servings
- Cost per serving: 3 = <$5
- Deliciousness: 3 = when are we having this again?
- Environmental impact: 3 = minimal damage
- Nutritional value: 3 = optimal nutrition
- TOTAL: 16/18
If any of you amazing home chefs tried it, or have other recipes you’d like us to experiment with, please let me know. Wishing you and your family a healthy, happy day!
We are sorry that this recipe was not useful for you!
Help us improve!
Tell us how we can improve it?