These truffle bites are SO GOOD!!!! It’s hard to believe they’re plant-based (no butter, no refined sugar, no cream). You have to try them. Seriously.
This is part of our 1,000 Food Experiments to create sustainable meals for our family and hopefully yours.
Ingredients ($7.50 for 18 balls)
1 1/2 cup rolled oats – $0.18
1/2 cup cocoa – $0.55
1/4 cup ground flax seeds – $0.40
1/2 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips (optional) – $0.50
1/2 cup coconut butter, softened – $4.40
1/4 cup honey – $0.56
1/4 cup maple syrup – $0.95
1 tsp vanilla – $0.20
1. In a medium bowl, mix the oats, cocoa, flax, and chocolate chips together.
2. In a small bowl, mix the coconut butter, honey, maple syrup, and vanilla together. Pour this over the dry ingredients and mix it all up. Feel free to use your hands!
3. Use your hands to press the amazingly delicious mixture into bite-sized balls. Savor at room temperature or store covered in the fridge or freezer.
Sustainability Score (explained here)
- Time to make: 3 = <1 hour
- Servings: 3 = lots of leftovers
- Cost per person: 3 = <$5
- Deliciousness: 3 = when are we having this again?
- Environmental impact: 3 = minimal damage
- Nutritional value: 2 = healthy-ish
- TOTAL: 17/18
If you tried it, please let me know how it came out for you. Wishing you and your family a healthy, happy day!