This is our take on a traditional dessert you could find in Morocco. We tried it out as an after-school snack today, and it was a big hit! Clementine oranges are in season now, and cinnamon sugar is always a favorite around here. What’s not to love?
This is part of our 1,000 Food Experiments to create sustainable meals for our family and hopefully yours.
Ingredients ($0.52 total)
2 clementines – $0.40
1 tbsp sugar – $0.06
1 tsp cinnamon – $0.06
1. Peel and separate the clementines into any pattern you like.
2. In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon together.
3. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the oranges and enjoy!
Sustainability Score (explained here)
- Time to make: 3 = <1 hour
- Servings: 1 = <4 servings
- Cost per person (prices based on Trader Joe’s/Costco): 3 = <$5
- Deliciousness: 3 = when are we having this again?
- Environmental impact: 2 = moderate impact
- Nutritional value: 2 = healthy-ish
- TOTAL: 14/18
If you tried it, please let me know how it came out for you. Wishing you and your family a healthy, happy day!